- Michelangelo Smashed His Pietà to Pieces
- Who's Who in the Last Judgment?
- Why Michelangelo Disliked Leonardo da Vinci
- Michelangelo's Portrait of a Devil
- Michelangelo Timeline
- Leonardo's Mysterious Landscapes
- Michelangelo vs. Bernini
- Michelangelo's Mysterious Carving Method
- Giotto's Perfect Circle
- Michelangelo's Thinker
How I learned to carve marble statues
- 2,821,791 hits
Tag Archives: snakes
Why Didn’t Laocoön Shout?
One of the most surprising discoveries those Romans made when they began to dig in old Rome, looking for beautiful ruins, was the Laocoön. Michelangelo himself dropped what he was doing and hurried to see it lifted out of the … Continue reading
Posted in aesthetics, art, art history, Beauty, great artists, Greek sculpture, history, Laocoön, Michelangelo, Renaissance, sculpture, stone carving Tagged Beauty, distress, Greeks, Laocoön, Lessing, pain, priest, punishment, sculpture, shout, snakes, Winckelman 20 Comments